
It was another hot day here on the pond. Being hot, it is also a good day to get in the car and head to places like grocery stores which are air conditioned. Se, we did. Once we returned home we took Riley for a dip. Now, we've taken Riley to the landing to get wet on hot days before and we did yesterday as well. On those previous occasions we just dunked her feet in and swished her around. Really she only got wet from the waist down. A few weeks ago I bought her a baby float for the pond. It has a little canopy and little holds to stick her feet through. Before heading down today I blew up the float and we brought it with us. (This was no small feat by the way for us, to carry the baby, a float, a towel, and bring the dog at the same time.) I put her in the float and leaned her back so she was reclined a bit and she had a grand time floating there. Chris and I pushed her back and forth between us and she kicked her little legs and made lots of noise. I didn't being the camera though so there is no picture.

Riley has also been teething recently. One tooth poked through with no problem; we didn't even know she was teething then suddenly, a tooth! The second lower tooth was a bigger deal. As it moved its way up she fussed a lot - it really seemed to bother her. She's better now but it still hasn't broken through the skin. Well at the store today I got her a teether that looks like a raspberry but is in the form of a pacifier. It's basically a hands free teething toy. She can put it in her mouth and chew on it and the raspberry part is all bumpy and she likes that feeling on her gums.
My first dahlia of the season also opened up the other day which was pretty exciting. It's really pretty although not exactly what I though it was going to look like.
No comments:
Post a Comment