After hearing from two family members that it had been awhile since I blogged, here I am. I was planning on putting something up last night, but, for some reason, our internet was as slow as dial-up and I just didn't have the patience.
It has been really cold here the past few days and with the weather I understand why my parents head south right after the new year every winter. I can't stand the cold and it was 1 out this morning when I buckled Riley into the car to head to work. She doesn't seem to complain too much even though her car seat is cold and she needs to be bundled up and covered in the car. I just say "brrr" to her over and over and she thinks it's funny. We actually had an (unplanned) fire drill today at school. (Well, I guess since it wasn't planned it wasn't a drill but anyway...) I was happy that since I have a classroom now my jacket was with me. Had it been 10 minutes later I would have been eating lunch in the teachers' room and wouldn't have had my coat. Usually during a drill we're headed back in the building before we even get all the way to the place we're supposed to meet. We never have drills in the winter though because it's so cold and the grass is covered so the kids can't stand there. So we were outside for 5 minutes before they sent us back in to congregate in the gym while they figured out what was going on. Some sort of alarm malfunction. No big deal but there were lots of kids in short sleeves or who had been in gym and wearing shorts and short sleeves. No coats for them.
Last weekend my college friend Shannon came up to visit for two nights. We had a good time hanging out and when Grampy and Nana came for lunch on Saturday they enjoyed seeing her. We all enjoyed watching Riley play with her ball popper, which was one of the gifts she received for her birthday. It was from her buddy Jumpin' J who has one too and loves his. She's not great at going after the balls yet, so right now it's more of a "watch Mommy and Daddy go after the balls" toy. Now Nana and Grampy are headed down to warmer weather in St. Augustine.
Another big event of last weekend was that my dahlia catalogs came in the mail. Since then I have been deciding which ones to order for this summer, while trying to keep in mind that I have some from this year "resting" in the cellar. I may have to add some more space to plant again this year.
1 comment:
Love the ball popper! Glad to hear you had fun with Shannon, you guys are such good friends!!!
Post a Comment