Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dahlias

Passionate

Orange Cushion
The dahlias are all out of the ground as of early this past week. It was such a terrible year overall, but the end of the season did alter my memory of the summer a bit, because the garden was really getting going by the time the frost hit this year. My favorite was "Passionate" which came from dahlia convert Shannon and is a gorgeous color in real life but not so much on the camera. Also, "Orange Cushion", which came from my old stock by way of Mom was a really nice color early this year as well. I was hasty in my digging though and not as careful as I should have been, so I will have to get a new one of those from Mom again next spring. I'm also, of course, thinking of which new ones I want for next year and already have a long list!

No comments: