Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hello again

OK. So, I don't want you all to think that I've dropped off the face of the planet. This has been my longest blog hiatus so far. I have modern technology and my own laziness to blame. Our regular computer is being repaired and I needed to load the camera software on Chris's school computer in order to share pictures with you all. Finally, tonight, I looked around for the software but since I could not find it I decided to just plug the camera into the computer and see what happened. Of course, the camera knew what to do and while my photos are not in their normal program, I don't think it will matter. I'll just reload them onto the regular computer when it returns to us to make myself happy.
ANYway, not much is really new on the pond. The blueberries are ripe for picking and the father-in-law and I picked a bunch when they were over on Saturday. Last Thursday was our anniversary (4 years if you can believe it) and also a rare day in the state of NH. We have some severe weather that spawned an actual tornado. I'm sure you've heard since it made national news. I, for some reason, had the TV off all day and missed all of the excitement - Chris was at a workshop at school. Riley and I were fine in the peace and quiet of our house and only bothered by the sound of our sump pump which was working feverishly to remove mass quantities of rainwater from our basement.
My main excitement last week was finding a new carseat for Riley at Target on clearance. This seat is normally out of the range of what we would spend, but it was marked down from $270 to $135. It has a (not so) beautiful Hawaiian floral pattern on it. During the rainstorm on Thursday, I tested Riley out in it in our mudroom.
We took a trip to Ogunquit this past Sunday night and went to the beach yesterday. Alas, I forgot the camera back at the house. Imagine if you will though, Riley squealing with delight as the waves lap up over her thighs as Daddy holds her up in the water and Riley sitting in a tide pool playing with the water and trying to eat mud. It was a perfect beach day.
Today was another great weather day and this afternoon we sat out on the lawn enjoying the breeze. The deer flies suffered a grand rebirth last week after the rain and we were happy today to have a nice breeze to keep them away. Cesky, however, scared away the neighbor kids who wanted to visit with the baby. I think he's afraid of them. He is after all, afraid of baby turtles and some (not all) sticks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent pics this post!