Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to School

Well, we have one week of work under our belts here on the pond. Riley made it through her first week of daycare and we made it through her first week of daycare too. It is strange and kind of sad to think that she spends the majority of her day with someone who isn't me or Chris. I pick her up after school and we make it home to play and hang out by 3:45. Chris is the JV Golf coach though and doesn't make it home until 6:30. So he only gets a half an hour with her before she's off to bed. There are three other kids at daycare and I think Riley really enjoys being around them and watching them.

Chris and I have both had colds this week. I started my first two days of class with barely a voice! My building is undergoing renovations and is not very clean with dust all around which only makes the situation worse. The weather here has been really nice and I actually had to water my dahlias tonight because we haven't had rain in so long.

We're excited for Monday, not only because we have the day off but because there is always a big celebration for Labor Day in our town with a huge white elephant, book, and rummage sale plus a Juried Arts and Crafts setup. It's lots of fun.

Riley recently outgrew her pajamas and we've had a bit of a hard time finding new ones in the right size, style and material. Sarah found these for Riley at the LL Bean outlet and even though they're 6-12 months they are super roomy! Yay for pajamas!

No comments: