
Riley met a new little friend today. The in-laws have a new kitten. Grandpa had been calling the kitten Junior, but once we visited and it was determined that Junior was a girl, Junior became Juno. Riley was very interested in the kitty and enjoyed touching its soft fur. Right now with our dog she likes to grab on and pull at his fur since she pretty much grabs and pulls at everything. There isn't much to grab onto when it comes to a kitten, but Juno didn't seem to mind. She even "spoke" to the kitten.
Last Tuesday Riley had her 4 month checkup. She wasn't nearly as upset after her shots as she was last time. And her weight? 17 lbs. She's in the 97% percentile for weight. She's also 24 inches long.

As the weather gets better, more birds have been visiting our yard. We have had a pair of orioles a few times this week, and this morning we had a pair of rose breasted grosbeaks. We only see one grosbeak at a time though since one of them stays on the nest with the eggs. This picture is of the male.
Last week I managed to get about half of my dahlia tubers in the ground. I was able to fit 22 tubers into my new garden. The black flies are horrible here and I have a bad reaction to bug bites. After planting I had a huge swollen spot on my hip from about 5 bites all in close proximity to each other. I hope to get the rest of them in the ground tomorrow. I think the weather should cooperate, but I don't know about the bugs.

No comments:
Post a Comment