I was looking through pictures of me as a baby that came from my Nana's house to decide if Riley looks like I did. There are some similarities in the nose and mouth I think but definitely not the hair. At 5 months old, I had a major baby comb over. Riley's hair still isn't that long so right now it's more like a baby buzz cut and is almost strawberry blond in color. Chris had blond blond hair as a baby so we'll see. I also found a picture of Peter at about 3 months old and he really looks like a baby version of his adult self (without the beard or whatever crazy mustache he's got going on this week). People tell me that Riley looks a lot like me, but I don't see it. Of course, many people also say I look a lot like my mother and I don't see that either. Perhaps I'm just incapable of seeing myself in others.
Patches of sun keep bursting through today and some melting is going on. I noticed that I can see the top of my obliesk in the front garden now and the top of the rock that is the center of my other main garden. The peony garden is almost completely uncovered and the small garden I started by the shed is uncovered too. I'm hopeful that I'll have time to work on these this spring as I couldn't last year. I was too tired in the spring being newly pregnant and too big in the fall. Last fall it was all I could do to point to where I wanted Chris to dig for the dahlia tubers and throw some bulbs in the ground. It will be interesting to see where the bulbs come up since we really did throw them into the holes the tubers came out of.
I think I may give my long term sub a couple of my tubers as a thank you when I go back to work on Monday. She looked after them in my fridge and even threw out some mushy ones for me so the rest wouldn't be affected. I don't think that was in her job description. I have multiples of a couple different types anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment