Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Melting

Well, we finally have a good melting day. It's not sunny here, but my car says that it is 51 outside. I had the idea that maybe I would dress Riley up, put her in the Baby Bjorn and take a walk with her and the dog down to the landing. I'm here typing so obviously that didn't work. After feeding her, I put her down on the floor to get her dressed in her outside clothes, went into the bedroom for a minute and when I came back she was passed out on the floor. Hmmm...so, I put her in the crib, drew the shades and now am downstairs doing this. I can hear her stirring a bit so maybe if she wakes up we will go outside.

I did pot up 6 tubers this morning. I only did ones that were unknown varieties or ones that I have multiple viable tubers of. So this way, if they don't come up the way they should, I'll still have a back-up tuber to throw in the ground, or I won't know what I'm missing as in the case of the unknown tuber. I also used small regular plastic pots left over from last year with newspaper liners instead of peat pots even though I have peat pots saved from last year too. And, I used cheapo potting soil instead of Miracle Grow. So, we'll see what happens.

No comments: