Friday, April 11, 2008

White


I've discovered the past few days that mommies shouldn't wear white. This is a "duh," I'm sure. I recently replaced my white zip up hoodie that I bought back in 2001 when I was still at the Gap. Well, I don't know if it is cosmic payback from the newly dethroned sweatshirt or what, but in the time since my new sweatshirt arrived, I've been bled on, spat up on and smeared a little with poo. So far only the blood has stained. I take it as a reminder to be more careful cutting Riley's nails. Or maybe it should be a reminder to her not to be so squirmy. The clippers pinched a little too close the other day. She didn't seem too upset about it.

Riley is loving being home with Daddy. She still shows that she's happy to see me by demanding to eat right away. Yesterday it was in the high 60s here, so Chris took Riley in the stroller for a walk to the town line. (About 1 mile total.) Apparently she slept. The dog went too. We've started putting her in the jumperoo borrowed from buddy Ryan. She doesn't do any of the jumping yet since she's too short to reach the floor, but she is mildly interested in the lights. We sit right in front of her when she's in it so she's interested in us too. The seat is a little long for her and she's fine right when she gets in, but after she moves her arms around a bit she starts to sink down and be swallowed. She's also working hard at trying to flip from her tummy to her back. She just can't seem to coordinate her arms and legs to do it yet, and she's gets so angry that she continues squawking about it for awhile after we flip her back over to her back.

I'm so glad that it's the weekend so I can catch up on my sleep. I haven't been this tired in awhile. (Even with a young baby!) I'm getting into the routine back at school, but still counting the days until summer. (44 class days I think - 10 until April break.) We have a quiet weekend of going to the grocery store and hanging out at home planned. Chris promises that he's going to try and take pictures when he's home with Riley. I don't take many because since I only get to spend a few hours with her a day now, I don't want to shove the camera in her face all the time.

No comments: