Phew! It's been a busy couple of days. Yesterday was my first day back at work and Chris's first day home with Riley. I was worried that she wouldn't want to take a bottle since she hasn't loved it before, but she has been fine with them, probably because I'm not around. She has been fine for Chris overall. The only sign that she misses me is that she wants to nurse immediately upon my getting home and nurse a lot before she goes to bed.
Being back at work is fine for me at my end as well. My classes seem to be ok so far, but my sub had no classroom management so it seems they were a little wild while I was gone. Yesterday they were good, and today they were ok, so we'll see how they end up being. At least if she totally screwed them up for me it is only one quarter before the school year ends and I'm done with them. My classroom is also being renovated so I'm back to teaching from a cart. We had a snow day the day my sub was going to pack up my room so instead the workers basically threw everything into boxes and put it in various locations around the building. I've had to spend the last two days looking for my stuff and getting what I need. She also lost the one thing I told her not to. My annotated freshman anthology that I've been working on for 4 years. I did manage to find it today, but not after losing some sleep over the thought of having to redo all of that work.
Sunday Chris and I took Riley up to Laconia for the first time so she could see her Nana and Grampy. She hadn't seen them since she was about three weeks old. We had a nice visit with practically no crying and even a few smiles. She also enjoyed playing with Grampy.
2 comments:
That picture of your dad with Riley is AWESOME!! He must love it!
I miss you guys!! I'm glad the transition back to work has gone smoothly. Call me when you get the chance :)
Post a Comment