One of the best sounds in the world has to be a baby's first laughs. Riley loves silly noises and tonight I was making this noise with my teeth that sounds sort of like a sniffing dog that my Aunt Anita taught me when I was a little girl. She was thrilled, and when I started "sniffing" her legs (which were bare because we had a fire in the wood stove again and it was 82 in the living room), she started laughing. We tried to get it on film but then she caught sight of the camera and stopped. We decided to just enjoy it and tried to get her to laugh again by poking her on the nose. She liked that too and we did manage to get it on camera.
Another great sound is a parent's happy sigh of relief when they realize that the mess in their little one's diaper didn't squirt out of the new diaper brand the way it surely would have with the old diaper. We bought new diapers yesterday when it became apparent that once daily diaper blowouts weren't the norm and got sick of doing so much stain treating and laundry. I'm glad to say today that the new diapers have been working so far (Huggies, by the way, in case you run across any coupons and want to send them our way.) We loved the diapers we were using, but as Riley grew, the shape just didn't cut it anymore. As further proof: before we got home, Riley woke up in her car seat and started screaming. She almost never wakes up when we are out and about so Chris and I figured she was hungry. The plan: he would go in to BJ's (wholesale store) while I stayed in the car and fed the baby. Well, I unstrapped Riley to pull her out. Her clothes were all wet and I said to her, "Oh, you're all sweaty." She's gotten that sweaty once before in her car seat so it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. Unfortunately (and I'm sure you could see this coming) it wasn't sweat. Ankles to armpits, folks. I'm not exaggerating either. Thanks goodness for that second outfit in the diaper bag.
1 comment:
it was as much fun listening to Riley's Mom and Dad giggle at her, but she is such a little doll!, Love grandma
Post a Comment