Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Family Time


After a nice two day visit, Lindsay and Matt have just left for Boston to visit with Peter. He's planning on taking them for a tour around the city this afternoon. They won't arrive until probably 3pm and it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so hopefully they'll see everything they want to.
We had a nice visit with them. They arrived Sunday afternoon and we enjoyed a nice dinner and hung out. Then yesterday Chris took the day off and we drove in to Peterborough and had lunch. We went to a few shops, but it was wicked cold, so in the end we just went back to the house, built a fire and relaxed. After dinner we played a long game of Monopoly which ended when Lindsay and I conceded the game to Matt who had built up half the board. This morning Lindz, Matt, Riley, and I hung out some more until they left right after lunch. It was a nice visit, just too bad that it's winter and there isn't much to do because it's so cold. I think I convinced Lindz that she needs a dahlia garden in the front yard too and showed her the ebay guy I've bought lots from in the past. It's an inexpensive way to start if you don't care which specific variety you get.
Now I'm just waiting for the oil man to come for our furnace tune-up. It's also town voting day in NH, so we have to go down and vote for the school budget later. The teacher contract is up at Chris' school this year and the school board still doesn't want to pay their teachers anything, so it's important for us to go. It's warmer out today, but not to the point where we're getting any melting. Grrr....I'm ready for spring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As the mother of Lindsay I'm thrilled to hear about their visit from your point of view. And you know I love seeing pictures!! For anyone who reads this log and might not know, Lindsay is Katy's cousin. Lindz and Matt live in Colorado and made a trip East last week to meet Miss Riley. I hope to go in July!! Lynn