Friday, March 21, 2008

Where's the lamb?

I don't really have any news today except to say that mother nature can be cruel in the spring and what looks like a beautiful sunny day can, with the help of some incredibly strong wind, be brutally cold. We actually lost power for about an hour. Fortunately it was just an hour - without power the basement floods quickly and I REALLY didn't want to go outside to start the generator to get the sump pump working again. I'm waiting for the lamb March is supposed to go out as.
I just finished reading Jodi Picoult's new novel Change of Heart. Every year when her new book comes out, I go to BJ's the following weekend, get the hardcover and spend the weekend devouring it. I don't have quite as much time on my hands anymore, so it took me a bit longer to finish. It was ok. She has really settled into a formula as an author and it makes me kind of tired. She sticks to her formula so I find, if you've read a lot of her work, that you know what is going to happen. Change of Heart actually seemed to have pieces of her past novels in it. Maybe there are only so many deep questions you can center your novels on before you start to sound redundant. I also recently finished Chris Bohjlian's The Double Bind which I read after rereading The Great Gatsby (for school) to which The Double Bind refers. I don't want to say too much about that book because I'm afraid I'll give away the end, but it was a good read.
Riley did in fact make it through the entire day in yesterday's spring outfit. The outfit in today's picture is outfit #2.

No comments: