So this morning I had plans to meet with an in home daycare lady in Milford. Riley and I were going to be leaving the house around 9:30 which is no small task anyway. So, last night I got Riley dressed for bed, fed her, wrapped her up, and put her in her crib with her happily dozing off to lala land. I get downstairs and turn on the baby monitor and I can hear her up in her crib grunting away the way she does when she is loading a diaper. So I wait a second for her to stop grunting and go upstairs to assess the situation. When I turn the light on in her room she has this blinky, dazed look - clearly she was asleep. But, alas, her diaper does in fact need to be changed and not only that, she needs new pajamas too. So I change her, put her back to bed and eventually she goes back to sleep. Then she woke up at 12:40 am, and 3:20am, and 5:15am, and 7am. Usually she gets up only once or twice per night. Finally we got up for the day at 8am because we had to leave the house early even though we both still had the sleepys in our eyes. I rush around feeding her, showering and getting ready, only to have her blowout another outfit as soon as I get her dressed and as we are almost on our way out the door. Finally, I'm strapping Riley into her carseat when the daycare lady calls to reschedule - her daughter is home with a fever. So now we're all dressed up and home. Oh well.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Foiled again!
So this morning I had plans to meet with an in home daycare lady in Milford. Riley and I were going to be leaving the house around 9:30 which is no small task anyway. So, last night I got Riley dressed for bed, fed her, wrapped her up, and put her in her crib with her happily dozing off to lala land. I get downstairs and turn on the baby monitor and I can hear her up in her crib grunting away the way she does when she is loading a diaper. So I wait a second for her to stop grunting and go upstairs to assess the situation. When I turn the light on in her room she has this blinky, dazed look - clearly she was asleep. But, alas, her diaper does in fact need to be changed and not only that, she needs new pajamas too. So I change her, put her back to bed and eventually she goes back to sleep. Then she woke up at 12:40 am, and 3:20am, and 5:15am, and 7am. Usually she gets up only once or twice per night. Finally we got up for the day at 8am because we had to leave the house early even though we both still had the sleepys in our eyes. I rush around feeding her, showering and getting ready, only to have her blowout another outfit as soon as I get her dressed and as we are almost on our way out the door. Finally, I'm strapping Riley into her carseat when the daycare lady calls to reschedule - her daughter is home with a fever. So now we're all dressed up and home. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Katy, I so enjoy your blogs. I check most every day to see if there is more news!!! Stuck in the mud sounds deadful and mud season is just stsrting isn'st it? Colorado is dry down here. Still tons of snow in the mountains. Sad day. I had to put my Zack to sleep. He lived about a year longer than I thought he would. He had a great life but I'll miss him. Love, Lynn
Riley takes after her mother- just kiddin...wink wink- sending hugz your way!
Post a Comment