Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The New Clothes Curse

It seems that there is a curse when it comes to Riley and new clothes. I have suspected this to be true for a few weeks and have been paying attention - it hasn't failed yet. Without going into too much disgusting detail, the curse is this: every time Riley wears anything new, the outfit must be christened by being soiled. It has not been fully broken in until it has had poo on it and a good scrubbing from the Shout brush. Anyway, we had one of these incidents today.
I also managed to sow some seeds indoors today. Yesterday I started soaking my morning glory seeds and sowed them today along with Zinnias, something that begins with an L and had seeds like grains of sand, and, of course, dahlias. Last year was the first year I did any indoor sowing and this year I've scaled back a bit. I don't really have the garden space for everything anyway. I also grew dahlias from seed last year and that was fun. You don't know what you're going to get from the seeds, so it's kind of exciting. Plus, if you like what grows, you can dig up the tubers it makes in the fall and know that you can have a true to bloom plant the following year. This summer I plan to try and harvest some of the seeds from my dahlias to see what I can grow from them next summer. Due to cross pollination it's fun to know that you're the only one with that variety - especially if something exciting comes up!
I've included a picture of Lindsay holding Riley during their visit. Lindz tried so hard to get a picture of Riley smiling, but, alas, she was unsuccessful. I have the same problem. It seems that every time you put a camera in her face she clams up. I've managed to get a few little grins, but none of her big smiles. It's ok; you kind of have to see them in motion anyway.

No comments: